Recommend cheap OBD2 wifi adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have this wired one that I use with ForScan

FORScan OBD2 Adapter, OHP ELMconfig ELM327 Scanner USB Interface, Ford Cars like F150 and F250 and Light Pickup Truck Accessories Scan Tool, Code Reader w/ MS-CAN HS-CAN Switch, Windows Only https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F0GVBWY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_PU-hDbCM38EBR

And this one for live monitoring while driving

OBDLink MX+ turns your iOS, Android or Windows device into a professional-grade automotive scantool and vehicle monitor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JFRFJG6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_fW-hDbJ4PY64X

Both work excellent

Eleventy5

Reaction score
Last edited:

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use the Cobra wifi adapter on Amazon, want to say it was around $15. I've had it a couple years and works great with Torque and has quite good range so if you're just monitoring things you dont need to stay near the vehicle like most bluetooth models do. It can be tricky at times depending on the phone/tablet you're using, some like to auto switch networks when they dont detect internet connection on wifi, I had to disable smart network switching on my Samsung devices no more issues. You'll have that with any wifi model...

Eleventy5

Reaction score
I honestly can't see a benefit to having a WiFi device. The BT devices will cover 20 to 30 ft, I don't see a benefit to being further away than that. No issues with having to re-connect to the correct network with BT either. What do you do when your not home? does the WiFi device have a local network you can connect to?

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not that I cant wait the 30 days, but will probably try the one for $11 from Amazon. Do they work with apple & android?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk