Recommend cheap OBD2 wifi adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eleventy5

Reaction score
The cheap bluetooth devices are android only I think, they do have some modules that work with iphones though. Actually this may be the reason for WiFi...

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Edit: I just got my $11 device! At 1st I couldn't connect to my cell. I was trying to connect to device while car was running. And cell never saw device? But I tried it once with key off, and device was found and paired. Seams to work well. I have the display set up for the Expy. So I imagine that's why the tire pressure display didn't show or boost pressure, since I'm in a shevy right now.

Last edited:

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm glad I finally got this. It's still hard to believe we have to use some outside source to find out tire pressures. No low tire warning on dash, but left front is clearly 5lbs lower than the rest. I was certain the warning came on under 30lbs, but I guess not.
fb70d88063fd404cc7efc5251e6e8151.jpg

Sent from my Torque Pro app using Tapatalk

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I honestly can't see a benefit to having a WiFi device. The BT devices will cover 20 to 30 ft, I don't see a benefit to being further away than that. No issues with having to re-connect to the correct network with BT either. What do you do when your not home? does the WiFi device have a local network you can connect to?

WiFi certainly isn't necessary, but it is capable of much faster speeds and lower latency than BT. The main benefit is that WiFi can operate on multiple frequency ranges whereas BT is limited to one - one that is subject to interference from not only your other devices, but your satellite radio as well. With better made BT devices, issues are uncommon, but my experience with the generic Chinese crap has been poor.

Password

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've used both of these with good results..

OHP OBDII WIFI Scan Tool for Ford, FORScan OBD2 Adapter, DIY Professional Car Diagnostics on IOS, Android & Windows
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XJL31Z7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BAFX Products - Wireless Bluetooth OBD2 / OBDII Diagnostic Car Scanner & Reader Tool for Android Devices - Read / Clear Your Check Engine Light & So Much More!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005NLQAHS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Eleventy5

Reaction score
WiFi certainly isn't necessary, but it is capable of much faster speeds and lower latency than BT. The main benefit is that WiFi can operate on multiple frequency ranges whereas BT is limited to one - one that is subject to interference from not only your other devices, but your satellite radio as well. With better made BT devices, issues are uncommon, but my experience with the generic Chinese crap has been poor.

Good info to have. No Sat radio here and the only other BT device I have is the Pioneer deck. So I guess that is why I haven't had any issues.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not that I cant wait the 30 days, but will probably try the one for $11 from Amazon. Do they work with apple & android?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Im using mine on an Android phone, and it works awesome! I bought a second one for my wifes SUV to use and it works great too. Not one complaint.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im using mine on an Android phone, and it works awesome! I bought a second one for my wifes SUV to use and it works great too. Not one complaint.
Do you leave the device plugged in all the time?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
These things really work for $11?

Yeah. Mine's been used continuously on 3 vehicles and loaned out to another 2, pretty much always-plugged-in since mid-2016

Panlong elm327