Recommendations for rear shocks & smooth ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert McMillan

17plati
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of Bilstein Expedtion 5100's for my '15 XLT as my ride has gotten quite bouncy at 62k. I'm anxious to get them installed as I heard they are quite the improvement over stock.
Report back, looking at these for both my 2016s

outdare

Reaction score
I went with KYB on our 17 EL because of the Bilstein back order. I'm happy with the ride. It is more controlled but not rough.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Robert McMillan

17plati
Reaction score
I went with KYB on our 17 EL because of the Bilstein back order. I'm happy with the ride. It is more controlled but not rough.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
Eh, KYB is not my favorite. I’ll wait for 5100s

Bam671

Reaction score
About two months ago, I installed Bilstein 4600s, new factory coils and a 2" front, 2" rear kit. It rides fantastic. I'd recommend the 4600s for sure!
Got pics of your ride? I just ordered my lift and 35’s

Bam671

Reaction score
I just replaced my factory shocks and springs on my '16 Expy EL XLT at 99K miles with the KYB Strut-Plus assemblies. I love the thought of the Bilsteins but didn't want to have to compress my springs to install them, so I went with the assemblies. I've got about 700 miles on them since replacement and have been really happy with them so far. The ride is much firmer then before but nice and solid. I also added the 3/2 ReadyLift at the same time. No telling how long the KYBs will last but I'm happy with them so far.
Got pics of your ride with the lift?

Bam671

Reaction score
I just ordered a set of Bilstein Expedtion 5100's for my '15 XLT as my ride has gotten quite bouncy at 62k. I'm anxious to get them installed as I heard they are quite the improvement over stock.
Where did you get 5100’s for the expy? I’m in the market for new struts on my 09’

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360