1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing Interior Panels (97-02) Exp

Discussion in 'Interior' started by nobycane74, Oct 14, 2020.

1. nobycane74

nobycane74 Full Access Members

Greetings to all......
    I am about to embark in a little project this fall/winter.
    I am considering removing some of the rear interior plastic panels in the cargo area to repaint them.

I have obtained the original color codes for the interiors and have used this paint before when repainting the front radio/ac panel that was pealing...turned out great!

Anyways, I want to pull these panels off and give them a fresh coat of paint due to 20 years of stuff in the back cargo area bouncing around, moving around an scuffing (not scratching) and overall UV fading over time.

So my question is, has anyone attempted to remove said panels back there before, and if so, were they a pain? Any suggestions, recommendations or advise in doing so without screwing things up???

Thanks in advance.

2. Yupster Dog

Yupster Dog Full Access Members

3. nobycane74

nobycane74 Full Access Members

4. Yupster Dog

Yupster Dog Full Access Members

Ya that list on that thread is accurate the hardest thing is the seat belt bolts. the trim you can pry up pretty easy without "screwing things up"
    Just like any project just take your time, You just need to get in there and start you will see.

Make sure you take pictures and maybe video and post it for the next guy who can't do a job without a video or pics.

nobycane74 likes this.