Removing Interior Panels (97-02) Exp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nobycane74

Reaction score
Greetings to all......
I am about to embark in a little project this fall/winter.
I am considering removing some of the rear interior plastic panels in the cargo area to repaint them.

I have obtained the original color codes for the interiors and have used this paint before when repainting the front radio/ac panel that was pealing...turned out great!

Anyways, I want to pull these panels off and give them a fresh coat of paint due to 20 years of stuff in the back cargo area bouncing around, moving around an scuffing (not scratching) and overall UV fading over time.

So my question is, has anyone attempted to remove said panels back there before, and if so, were they a pain? Any suggestions, recommendations or advise in doing so without screwing things up???

Thanks in advance.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep it does...though it did not turn up anything remotely close to what I was inquiring about.
But thanks.
Ya that list on that thread is accurate the hardest thing is the seat belt bolts. the trim you can pry up pretty easy without "screwing things up"
Just like any project just take your time, You just need to get in there and start you will see.

Make sure you take pictures and maybe video and post it for the next guy who can't do a job without a video or pics.