Replaced pads and rotors, brake pedal sinking to floor now?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So after reading all the posts can anyone explain why the "tabs" make a difference that would cause a spongy pedal going to the floor?

Last edited:

jruppert

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I apologize for bringing this back from the dead, two years later. UniqueTII, what is your long term assessment of the situation? I bought a 15 Expedition back in May. Brakes didnt feel that great. Dealership said rotors were turned. I found the same exact issue you showed in that picture where there was half the rotor showing contact. I thought they machined wrong. I installed Powerstop rotors and pads in the front. Soon after installing, I began having pedal issues. I have replaced the master cylinder and swapped out ABS pump with no resolve. I am at my wits ends with this issue. I have bled and bled and bled those brakes and have the sinking pedal problem. I do not recall there being tabs on my pads. I just may have to swap them out. Seems like a crazy reason but after reading this post, I am starting to wonder.