Replaced resistor didn't fix problem of only high speed blower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaye13

Reaction score
I NEED HELP!!! I replaced the resistor twice. The first time worked nicely for about 3 weeks and the problem of a high speed blower fan is again the issue! What can it be? There is no odd noises from the fan. Works well. Just only in the high speed mode. Anyone? ....... /jaye

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I NEED HELP!!! I replaced the resistor twice. The first time worked nicely for about 3 weeks and the problem of a high speed blower fan is again the issue! What can it be? There is no odd noises from the fan. Works well. Just only in the high speed mode. Anyone? ....... /jaye
You need to post the year and trim of your truck. You can also put in your signature so it shows on every post you do.

The harness can get melted and have a bad burnt spot on it as well.

Did you replace the harness any of those times you changed the resistor? For a couple dollars more you can buy the one with the harness. You will have to splice the wires to put new harness on.

Also if not harness,

Since it keeps messing up and you replace it and it works for a while, it could be is water in the duct from condensation or otherwise.

OP
OP
J

jaye13

Reaction score
Thank you all. Yes the first part was a motorcraft part. Silly thing of that part is that i can not find the receipt and the ford parts department will not exchange the part with me because i do not have the part and the service counter lady who did remember me and the part being purchased from her, can not and will not help. Bummer...
Did not replace the harness. the harness looks and appears to be just fine; no burnt residue, not black/white discoloration, or any disfigured molding or wires. Did not think of the condensation possibly being a possibility.... Could there be fuses that would be the issue?....
2011 Ford Expidition Limited 4x4 Flex Fuel dual auto climate control

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you all. Yes the first part was a motorcraft part. Silly thing of that part is that i can not find the receipt and the ford parts department will not exchange the part with me because i do not have the part and the service counter lady who did remember me and the part being purchased from her, can not and will not help. Bummer...
Did not replace the harness. the harness looks and appears to be just fine; no burnt residue, not black/white discoloration, or any disfigured molding or wires. Did not think of the condensation possibly being a possibility.... Could there be fuses that would be the issue?....
2011 Ford Expidition Limited 4x4 Flex Fuel dual auto climate control

Replace this: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10163573-0001.pdf