Replacement Headlight Assemblies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey y'all...
I've searched thru all of the past forum threads...but didn't find a good answer.

I've refinished the headlights on my 2007 twice now...but they're still oxidizing and fairly pitted. I have looked at aftermarket replacements:

1. Generic OEM replacements (amazon, ebay, etc) Are they worth it? Will i be replacing them in another year or two?

2. Projector replacements. I've seen a few, but don't want to lose light output.
These seem to have the best reviews, but again, anyone with real life experience?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IGKES7...olid=3K0AIXQXO2OC9&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

3. OEM. Whoa expensive.

What y'alls experience?

IIGood

Reaction score
I had bought a pair of headlight assemblies for one of my previous Explorers off of Amazon for about $40 per side. I saw no quality issues with them in the time I owned the vehicle and had them installed; I wasn't terribly picky either about the manufacturer.

Also consider RockAuto.

If you do projectors, those are well-suited for LED bulbs so you could probably upgrade the lighting if you go that way.

My '10 Expedition's headlights recently were upgraded to new assemblies thanks to a deer. I'm not sure who the manufacturer is of the units but again, I'm not terribly picky about it for this truck. All I know is the light output is a good bit better and they look much nicer...no scarring or haziness.

Now for my Mustang...you can bet I want the Ford stamping on that part! LOL.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shantheman73

Shantheman73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
UPDATE: Prior to ordering new assemblies, i've been researching best options for new bulbs too. I've never been impressed with the light output of the stock H13's.

After some trial and error, I installed these (link below) LED's last week. I'm thoroughly impressed. They are the right size so they work with the stock reflectors correctly, meaning they don't blind oncoming drivers and they throw the light the same way stock halogens do. However, the light output is just BETTER. Additionally...these are the first set of LED's I've ever used that have legit 'brights' that are distinct from the non-brights.

I haven't had any issues (knock on wood) with any type of flickering or radio interference. For those of you looking to upgrade your bulbs, I wanted to pass along my experience with these!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G6ZP9CM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1