Replacing all bulbs with led, what's your opinion after all ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron1978

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ive read a lot of this brand and that brand bulbs, I'm looking for a group opinion on full replacement on all bulbs, headlights, fog lights, rear reverse lights, all interior, what's best bulbs you all have experience with to date ?
2014 expedition

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did it in my truck live it and I went with Oracle LEDs and haven't had any probs been 8 yrs or so

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

G213

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've done a full LED conversion on any bulb you can replace, all from superbrightleds.com; some were a little more expensive than Amazon, but I've had zero problems.

However, be aware that LED headlamps are tricky...they simply do not have the physical design to support proper light output on a halogen housing (reflective or projector). I had LED in my lows but switched to HIDs, incredible difference.

See my thread here about LED vs. HID
https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/any-hid-issues-in-projectors.39380/

OP
OP
Ron1978

Ron1978

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've done a full LED conversion on any bulb you can replace, all from superbrightleds.com; some were a little more expensive than Amazon, but I've had zero problems.

However, be aware that LED headlamps are tricky...they simply do not have the physical design to support proper light output on a halogen housing (reflective or projector). I had LED in my lows but switched to HIDs, incredible difference.

See my thread here about LED vs. HID
https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/any-hid-issues-in-projectors.39380/
Did you buy the regular LED or the CAN bus ?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ceiling lights emit an ever so faint glow even when shut off on some years ('12 Navigator does, '09 Expedition SSV doesn't --- possibly Lincoln only?)

I think it's a dimmer circuit thing, I got a microwave with an LED swap that glows faintly when the light is set to "off" also

PS No glow when vehicle is sitting parked and off, though

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We've had more than 1 member here on the forum that's run into problems after swapping out bulbs. Some were able to fix their problems, others resorted back to OEM bulbs. I'd do your homework as to which bulbs work the best, with fewest problems. And above all else, stay away from the cheap Chinese bulbs, price may be tempting, but the extra repair bill when other electrical items go wonky, just doesn't justify the price.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

G213

Full Access Members
Reaction score
....And above all else, stay away from the cheap Chinese bulbs, price may be tempting, but the extra repair bill when other electrical items go wonky, just doesn't justify the price.

This. Stay away from eBay or the like. If you’re going LED, use a reputable site with a history of quality bulbs and good customer service.

A proper full conversion will add up in price (not including the headlamps) so don’t get sticker shock.

Personally, I absolutely love my LED conversion. I think it adds a great upscale look on the truck. I love seeing those crisp blinks on turn signals. Having that extra light on the puddle lamps or dome lamps really helps at night too. Also having those bright reverse lights gives a great night shot for the backup camera. And even though I’m running HIDs for low beam (but I do use LED for highs) having that color match to the standard LED fogs looks fantastic in my opinion.

But that’s just me.