Replacing Ford Expedition 2007 Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwi23270

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have totaly no knowledge in car mechanics.
I bought Ford Expedition 2007 many years ago and now told the engine is dying and have to be replaced soon. I was thinking to replace the current engine with more modern one (like Ford Expedition 2015) but I have the following questions:
Q1- Should I replace the engine with another modern Ford Expedition engine or should I look for other company like Chevrolet, GMC, Toyota ... etc ?
Q2- In case it's better to replace it with Ford Expedition engine, could you specify what is the best model (2015 or 2017 for example)?
Q3- In case it's better to replace it with another company engine Chevrolet, GMC, Toyota ... etc, could you specify the brand and the year (Tahoe 2015, Yukon 2017)?
Q4- What other things I should change with the proposed engine like gearbox or any mechanical/electrical components ?
Q5- Could this process be as cheap as possible?

Thank you all

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have totaly no knowledge in car mechanics.
I bought Ford Expedition 2007 many years ago and now told the engine is dying and have to be replaced soon. I was thinking to replace the current engine with more modern one (like Ford Expedition 2015) but I have the following questions:
Q1- Should I replace the engine with another modern Ford Expedition engine or should I look for other company like Chevrolet, GMC, Toyota ... etc ?
Q2- In case it's better to replace it with Ford Expedition engine, could you specify what is the best model (2015 or 2017 for example)?
Q3- In case it's better to replace it with another company engine Chevrolet, GMC, Toyota ... etc, could you specify the brand and the year (Tahoe 2015, Yukon 2017)?
Q4- What other things I should change with the proposed engine like gearbox or any mechanical/electrical components ?
Q5- Could this process be as cheap as possible?

Thank you all
Q5 answers all your questions. Swapping in an engine that was not originally designed for your specific vehicle would be costly. Just swap in a Ford one with a ford tranny. What is going wrong with your engine?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The cheapest way would be to get a junkyard engine and do the work yourself, as it's very difficult to find a legit mechanic who will install one. Or get a mechanic to install a Powertrain or Jasper engine. Whatever you do, just stick with the same 5.4L engine. Putting something else in there is complex and expensive.