Replacing Sync 3 Sony system speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Longtalltechsan

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Expedition XLT with the 12? speaker system. It sounds ok but there are parts of the sound spectrum that I find lacking. What I'm looking at doing is replacing some of the stock speakers with aftermarkets. I'm thinking of replacing the front door tweeters and woofers and the 2nd seat door speakers. I'm not looking for a ghetto blasting system but want good sound and clarity. I'm looking at Polk, Kicker, Infinity, Alpine and maybe a couple others. Everything I put back in, I want to fit the stock openings. In looking, it seems like it will all be fairly easy with the tweeters in the front doors possibly being the biggest challenge, which isn't much. With this system, is it going to be as simple as just connecting to the existing wires or will I have to do much more? If I get a woofer and tweeter combo for the front, they'll come with crossovers. Is there a crossover already in place or should I use the ones supplied with the speakers? Also I'm wanting to run everything off the stock head unit and retain the stock amp and sub. I'd appreciate any input that ya'll can give.

Mean_Dean

Reaction score
www.crutchfield.com

You can enter your vehicle information and they will show you a list of speakers for each location. If you are using the factory amp make sure to get speakers with a high sensitivity rating 90+db. They also throw in adapters to plug the speakers into the factory harness without having to splice wires.

These are a most excellent speaker and not too crazy expensive...
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_136C2570X/JL-Audio-C2-570X.html?tp=105&avf=Y