Resale value of 2023

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diesel26

Reaction score
So ordered a 2023 Limited Stealth (non Performance) 4x2 w/ CCD, 15 in screen and Max Tow. It is in production now and hoping we get some low rate incentive at the last week of December to help with financing. Was thinking about the deletes that are on the Truck. I deleted the auto start/stop as I did not want it. But had to delete the 2nd row auto down and auto foot open for back gate. My main worry is the resale of the foot gate or windows down the road. Would it really be worth it to wait on another year? Or are those things not going to make much difference in resale 5 to 7 years down the road. Anyone with used car sales or dealership experience would be helpful hear. Thank you for your thoughts!

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So ordered a 2023 Limited Stealth (non Performance) 4x2 w/ CCD, 15 in screen and Max Tow. It is in production now and hoping we get some low rate incentive at the last week of December to help with financing. Was thinking about the deletes that are on the Truck. I deleted the auto start/stop as I did not want it. But had to delete the 2nd row auto down and auto foot open for back gate. My main worry is the resale of the foot gate or windows down the road. Would it really be worth it to wait on another year? Or are those things not going to make much difference in resale 5 to 7 years down the road. Anyone with used car sales or dealership experience would be helpful hear. Thank you for your thoughts!
If you can wait, I would wait as long as you can.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Auto start stop delete and Foot Activated tailgate will not hurt value.

JohnSC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think Ford is quietly removing the foot operated tailgate from their products. There have been a lot of complaints about it operating when not desired. In fact, on my 2023 sticker it does not show that removal as a line item even though it was part of the order the dealer entered.

I am a bit distressed about the one touch rear seat windows not working, but if that is the only thing that goes wrong with my Expedition I will be happy. And I doubt it will impact my resale value.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish I were offered money in lieu of the Auto Start Stop and hands-free lift gate options. My hands-free lift gate has never worked properly and has unintentionally come down on me more times than it ever responded to a kick, and the Auto Start Stop is annoying and requires that you shut it off every time you start your vehicle As far as the one-touch back seat windows go, it would not be a deal breaker for me; especially since I grew up in the age of hand-crank windows.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score

2nd row auto down would be a deal braker for me.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why a dealbreaker?

Because I don't want to have to drop whatever I'm carrying/holding to walk around to the passenger 2nd row doors to fold the seats. And the walk back around to the rear lift gate, pick up whatever I was carrying/holding to put it in the back of the vehicle.

Auto 2nd row windows and foot gate features - I don't really care about.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2nd row auto down are the one touch windows in the back doors. What feature are you talking about?

Oh, I took it as the buttons near the liftgate that fold the second row down.

I don't care too much for one touch windows. It's convenient but not a deal breaker.