Reset / Calibration of blend door actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobgriner

Reaction score
What are the steps and fuses that need to be pulled to reset, or calibrate, the blend door actuator?

I've read older articles that are referring to the previous generation of Expeditions and they suggest pulled the 5 and 13 fuses at the passengers footwell.

What is appropriate method for the 2008?

Thanks! Bob

JimR_TN

Reaction score
I read about and tried that with my 2007 without any luck, but my issue was a wiring issue.

What problems are you experiencing?

OP
OP
bobgriner

bobgriner

Reaction score
My wife is "swearing" that the ventilation is not switching to provide heat on the floor on the passenger side...although, it is functioning appropriately on the driver's side. I replaced the actuator above the gas pedal a few weeks ago. I just want to make sure the actuator is reset and recalibrated correctly.

JimR_TN

Reaction score
The one above the gas pedal if for which vent so if you get airflow on the floor on drivers side it should be coming out the passenger side floor vents. If not that vent may be blocked or something.

The one that changes from hot to cold is behind the radio. Again if you have warm air in the drivers footwell it should be warm in the passenger footwell, since you said you don’t have dual climate controls.

In my reading trying to resolve my issues I did hear about insulation or junk falling in the defrost vents can cause issues.