Reverse lights staying lit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tr8rNines

Reaction score
I've searched the forums and can not find a clear answer or any pics to help. I just bought a 2007 Expy EB 4X4, and noticed that the reverse lights stay on and flicker intermittently when driving. I'm a DYIer, so going to fix it myself, if at all possible. Where exactly is the switch that activates the lights when you put it in reverse and turns them off in all other gears. Also, the reverse lights are as bright as Gods' Glory! They about blinded one of the guys I work with, when he was behind me this morning about 3:30 am. I can find the part easy enough, just getting an answer without all the hullaballoo about someone's F250's tires womp-womping, or how the trunk lid on a 1980 Datsun sticks and need answer on getting it un-stuck. Not trying to be facetious or come off like a jerk, but so many forums and threads never answer the question that is asked and get off topic with in the first couple of posts. Or someone asks a serious question wanting real help, but some idjit posts a jack-assy comment, such as, "How do I replace a window regulator on a such n such vehicle?" "Oh, well, uh, you replace the window regulator." giphy.gif Looking to resolve the lights issue before adding any accessories. Not wanting to be chasing ghosts in the machine. Thanks!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most back up light switches are on side of Transmission. Sounds like a shorted switch. You can Google it for location. See we don't all get sidetracked.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've searched the forums and can not find a clear answer or any pics to help. I just bought a 2007 Expy EB 4X4, and noticed that the reverse lights stay on and flicker intermittently when driving. I'm a DYIer, so going to fix it myself, if at all possible. Where exactly is the switch that activates the lights when you put it in reverse and turns them off in all other gears. Also, the reverse lights are as bright as Gods' Glory! They about blinded one of the guys I work with, when he was behind me this morning about 3:30 am. I can find the part easy enough, just getting an answer without all the hullaballoo about someone's F250's tires womp-womping, or how the trunk lid on a 1980 Datsun sticks and need answer on getting it un-stuck. Not trying to be facetious or come off like a jerk, but so many forums and threads never answer the question that is asked and get off topic with in the first couple of posts. Or someone asks a serious question wanting real help, but some idjit posts a jack-assy comment, such as, "How do I replace a window regulator on a such n such vehicle?" "Oh, well, uh, you replace the window regulator." giphy.gif Looking to resolve the lights issue before adding any accessories. Not wanting to be chasing ghosts in the machine. Thanks!

Read reply #6 and look at picture in this post: https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/reverse-lights-dont-work.14206/