Rock Sliders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
apparently there are no rock sliders available for the 2nd Generation. FWIW, Amazon offers what it calls "rock sliders" but when you read their ad, it turns out their 'sliders' are rated at 300 pounds. Obviously, they are unclear on the concept.

anyway, does anyone know of a fabricator in central Texas that could make real rock sliders for the 2nd Gen Expy?
thanks
jg

OverlandExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey joe, still looking for some sliders? I'm plannin on fabing up some of my own in the next few weeks. I'll post pictures of it when its done on the thread with my ongoing mods.

OP
OP
joethefordguy

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey joe, still looking for some sliders? I'm plannin on fabing up some of my own in the next few weeks. I'll post pictures of it when its done on the thread with my ongoing mods.

Yes, I am. My current plan is to drive to East Texas (5 hours) where a longtime friend has agreed to teach me to weld by coaching me through welding up a set of sliders, for free. His time is free, not the materials, etc. but, I'd have to drive to East Texas, etc.; gonna be a while since we're traveling to Ohio in a couple of weeks for our newest grandchild.
so, nothing is set in stone.
I assume sliders for your 04 EB would be the same for my 04. I do have to take off the running boards. Maybe I can sell those.
so, yeah, I'd love to see what you do.
thanks
jg

Last edited:

OverlandExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ahh that's awesome Joe definitely make a post when you make em! I'll update my main build thread when I do mine, hopefully in the next few weeks here. Thankfully bought a bunch of DOM tubing before material prices skyrocketed. I'm just unsure if I'm going to use square or round tubing for the straight bit that will attach to the frame. Def using the tubing for the outside of the sliders.

Don't see why the same design wouldn't work for both our vehicles, I was planning on doing a sketch in solid works with the exact specs when I have some time.