Roof Rack options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, it's been some time and I've still been having issues with finding a roof rack system that's "compatible" for our 3rd gens if we want to eliminate the factory raised rails. I've looked at the k9 system but am unsure where I would drill holes for nut-sert installation. Rhino rack is "not compatible", since they don't make a backbone system and their pioneer system isn't compatible with our raised rails (which I want to remove). Ugh. Anyone else have any leads or know any reasonably priced fabricators?

Michael McC

Reaction score
I had a local aluminum fabricator make mine. They build T-Tops for boats, etc. This was an easy one for them. Take your racks off. Save the bolts. Drop the car off at the shop with your specs. Pick it up later. Take it to a powder-coater. Use factory bolts with a thin plastic liner between racks and roof. This photo is 4 years later.

IMG_0267.jpg

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tom, do you mind sharing photos of where you put the feet?
The K9 feet interface with the crossbars. Unless you didn’t realize that (like me) when you drilled the roof rails and have to get creative on the FWD most location.

(is the photo upside down?)

91CB68CC-8FF4-4BCC-AEEF-F0B2E9766EB0.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze