Rubber floor patching

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisRCNY

Reaction score
You'd think I'd have found a product by now, given the number of commercial vehicles with rubber flooring.... does anyone know of a place that sells chunks of oem quality rubber floor material, that I can glue down?

I'm really trying to get a large patch, about the size of a rubber floor mat. I've seen other forums advising just using a cheap mat and gluing it down, but cheap mats tear easily, have texture on the back that interferes with glue, have too much texture on top making it too tall, or they're good enough that glue doesn't want to stick.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I think I would pull another one out of a junkyard. The police versions of these trucks get smashed up with low mileage all the time, so a clean floor mat from one's probably not too hard to find.

Otherwise, look for matching flooring and glue it down with contact cement and put black silicone around the edges. No hiding that repair.

I've repaired tears in antique cars with rubber mats by gluing a rubber patch on the bottom.

Plati

Reaction score
Don't know quite what you're trying to do but I bought rubber mat at Home Depot and cut it to make custom rubber floor in my Expy I converted into a Van (sort of). Did not have to glue it down.

Also, my buddy owns a roofing company and I've gotten large pieces of roof membrane that can be used in a thousand different ways.