Rumbling noise on turning 2017 exp LTD EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I have the Ford extended one and it looks like they took care of you without having to fight for it. Friend of mine got rid of his 2016 F-150 FX4 for having this exact issue 3 times, it kept coming back and the dealer started saying it was out of warranty of the 4th. He makes great money and is not going to fight about it, he'll just take the loss and get something else and never buy ford again. He and is family get new vehicles every 2 to 3 years. Ford's loss.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I have the Ford extended one and it looks like they took care of you without having to fight for it. Friend of mine got rid of his 2016 F-150 FX4 for having this exact issue 3 times, it kept coming back and the dealer started saying it was out of warranty of the 4th. He makes great money and is not going to fight about it, he'll just take the loss and get something else and never buy ford again. He and is family get new vehicles every 2 to 3 years. Ford's loss.
Between my family and my wife’s we've been with this dealership for 15 years. They treat us very well

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is all about the Dealer. Some are good, some are bad. Gotta fight sometimes, speak up, and get vocal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Swansonrs

Reaction score
New here but have been tracking the same noise (binding sensation while turning) and feeling from the rear of the vehicle. Started at ~12,000 mile and after 4 visits to different Ford dealers the clutch packs were determined to the issue. Replace the clutches, new fluid with the anti friction modifier and drives like new again. All covered under warranty.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I just got upgraded carbon fiber packs, fluid, and modifier all under warranty. Smooth as butter now

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After noticing the rear "grinding when cold" begin several months ago, I was in no rush to resolve only because how many rear ends have failed here? None....

This past w/e I replace the rear with 2 new qts of Non-synthetic since it was on my shelf, along with the 4oz bottle of "friction modifier" as recommended by Ford.

I felt the slighted rumble the 1st time I drove it afterwards and that was the last I've felt it. I've driven it from cold, 4 times including coming to work this morning 4:30....no grinding after backing out of my driveway.

I will warn you though, while the drain was relatively easy for a lefty to loosen, the fill took an hour to get the proper length cheater to finally break it loose.

jeff

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After noticing the rear "grinding when cold" begin several months ago, I was in no rush to resolve only because how many rear ends have failed here? None....

This past w/e I replace the rear with 2 new qts of Non-synthetic since it was on my shelf, along with the 4oz bottle of "friction modifier" as recommended by Ford.

I felt the slighted rumble the 1st time I drove it afterwards and that was the last I've felt it. I've driven it from cold, 4 times including coming to work this morning 4:30....no grinding after backing out of my driveway.

I will warn you though, while the drain was relatively easy for a lefty to loosen, the fill took an hour to get the proper length cheater to finally break it loose.

jeff
I’ll bet your clutch packs are shot and all you e done is prolong the inevitable. They said a fluid change and modifier alone will not solve the issue long term. You need carbon fiber packs. Who do you know they aren’t messed up if all you did was drain it and not open it up to see what they look like???