Running lights on trailer inop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mept99

Reaction score
All other lights work. Trailer works on different vehicle. I have an 07 expedition EL
And I have attempted to check all the fuses and relays I could find relating to running lights, although most of the info I could find was for f150's and my truck has no owners manual. I have also tried deemed brushing the connectors but still no reading at the plug. Any suggestions? The plug probably needs to be replaced as it has been exposed to Michigan weather a couple years without a cover which had broken off. My only thought is to now work from plug forward but I would like to know for certain I checked all relavent fuses.
Thanks for the help

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can download a copy of the owners manual at

owner.ford.com

also check fuse #22 in the passenger compartment fuse box

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the under hood fuse box check to make sure fuse #12 and #13 are installed and good and also make sure that the FOUR trailer tow relays are installed

Allen Miller

Reaction score
Did you have the ignition switch all the way on when you did your light check? Trailer running lights are a run-only powered circuit. Brakes and hazards will work with the engine off, and turn signals will work with the ignition in accessory.

Vehicle running lights can come on with the truck off... trailer running lights not so much.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All other lights work. Trailer works on different vehicle. I have an 07 expedition EL
And I have attempted to check all the fuses and relays I could find relating to running lights, although most of the info I could find was for f150's and my truck has no owners manual. I have also tried deemed brushing the connectors but still no reading at the plug. Any suggestions? The plug probably needs to be replaced as it has been exposed to Michigan weather a couple years without a cover which had broken off. My only thought is to now work from plug forward but I would like to know for certain I checked all relavent fuses.
Thanks for the help

Trailer plug, if it's anything like mine, will have a rather puny connector just beyond it....mightve fallen out.

Also, NOT necessarily all pins were ever hooked up to begin with, or are necessarily hooked up in the same pinout as your other vehicle. (Cuz that'd make faaaaaar too much sense)