Runninmg Boards stuck in out position

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

the hogg

Reaction score
I opted for the cheapies, but never got to try them...I ordered 2 more with the brackets and I think they were around $150.00...installed them and they worked fine...I had to keep squirting and moving the rear brackets when I had them off...they were stubborn, but finally loosened up to where I thought they would work and everything seems to work fine now...I am going to try lubing them twice a month

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I discovered that motorcycle chain lube does an excellent job of providing long term lube. It uses a thin carrier solvent to carry the lube into place, then it evaps leaving a solid layer of lube right where you want it.

jeff

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hogg,
Could you post a link or info on the one you bought? My pass side has worked fine all winter, through the slop, sand, and salt. The drivers side is dead. Thanks...

Jeff,
I use chain lube as well...guess it works half of the time in my case...

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Everybody is lubing them but that isn't a cure all. If it is the problem, spraying penetrating oil on anything isn't very effective. For it to be effective wrap a small rag around the object and then wrap the rag with duct tape, leave an opening at the top, and add the oil at the top. The tape will help hold the oil in and let it sit overnight (overnight soaking of anything always did wonders for me). I got a gallon of wd-40 at a garage sale for a dollar but you can buy it in bulk also (not spray). Of course grease is better but you can't get it in there.