Rust on car jack - rear AC condensation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

getdealtwith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I keep finding moisture on the right side inside the car jack compartment of my 04 Eddie Bauer.

It seems to be condensation from the adjacent rear AC unit. The drain of that seems to work fine, lots of water dripping out.

Has anybody else run into this?

For additional context: the rear hatch seal has been repaired and both hatch and trunk are shutting tight. It doesn't rain here in the summer and the only water the truck sees is the car wash. The spare tire bolt hole is plugged. Not sure where else water woul get in.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you the original owner ? Just wondering if the Expy could've been hit in the right rear quarter panel area and damaged the rear A/C housing, like cracked it's bottom and letting water leak out into the rear floor panel.

OP
OP
G

getdealtwith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought a few months back but haven't seen any indicators of right rear damage. The age of parts looks consistent, paint is original back there too. Maybe dirt is preventing the compartment from draining as efficiently as it should. You would not believe the mud and clay we pulled out of this truck beneath the interior everywhere. I believe this was used on a horse farm on the Mexican border.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Probably have to take that right rear quarter panel trim off and inspect the rear AC unit box and see if there's a definite trail of water leaking. While you have the panel off spray some water up into the drain tube outlet from underneath and see what comes out, and if you see where it's leaking from the inside area. If you find the leak you can probably seal it up with epoxy or silicone.