RV Extended Warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Eagle 71

Eagle 71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
at 7 years old
i would be concerned about roof leaks and water leaks around lights, vents, etc. look under bunks and in dark corners, it will tell the tale. tiny bumps on the walls inside etc.
Good advice PB. I (almost) learned that lesson the hard way. Went to check out an identical unit (a year older than the one I'm looking at), in Lincoln NE a month or so ago. During the walkaround I found some spongy areas on the floor near the queen bed, drivers side. Sales rep looked 'surprised' until I asked him, 'so, what else is wrong with unit?'. He then went on the defensive and said I was rude for even asking that question. I then went on the offensive and stormed into the service manager's office with all my 'concerns'. And, the rest is history. $$ remained in my pocket, not in the dealer's.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its not just towables
i see 700k $$ plus busses in the same way. folks treat them like crap and never take care of the little stuff. then try to pawn them off as high end. but still leak or have serious condensation damage from lack of upkeep

only two brands i would ever consider buying used are foretravel and newell. Only because they still cover older units with no sweat, and wont sell or buy older units that are questionable.

OP
OP
Eagle 71

Eagle 71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agree PB, but I couldn't come close to the prices that foretravel or newell ask.
So, I'm looking at the lower end of the used RV cost. At this point, thinking about blowing off the extended RV warranty, as I should still be pretty handy regarding RV repairs. It can't be any worse than removing/replacing an exhaust manifold from a '66 T-Bird.
Anyway, Happy Veterans Day!