Same old problem--hesitation and stumbling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano

Reaction score
Stumble and fall

Ummm...errrr, Nope, still scared to do that, after hearing all the horror stories about breakin stuff off. She just started to have a little stumble again. Thinkin/hopin its only a COP. I really can't replace plugs yet, until I get another reliable vehicle. One car with kid working outta town, 2nd car with kid other kid...the one that had third car and hit a deer on way home and creamed the front end so bad that it can't be used...and to help save $$, wife dropped comprehensive ins. four days before accident...wtf, now I gotta fix that outta my pocket...priced out afta market parts, still gonna cost me over a grand! So that said, better wait on plugs on Expy, in case I break one...knowwhatImean???
dano

pamnbob97

Reaction score
i have a 05 doing well same thing . got so bad the one day 35 miles from home on a dinner date with wife . had to call tow truck cause the truck would not start , it would turn over but nothing else . ened up next day i researched a bit online . and it was the fuel pump control module . but now after like 4 months it is started to do it again . and engine light came on . i have a scanner , plugged in and scanner will not work . tried scanner on other cars and works just fine . found out that part for obd 11 you need a CAN abled scanner . but from what i just read on this thread here i am going to go out and try replacing coils and plugs . well check the ohms first and go from there . from what i have researched , it always seems to be #1 coil . hope this helps a few .

sinful

Reaction score
so im having the same troubles with my 07 ford expedition XL, its having major hesistation even now when im slowing down from 55 to 30. ive already changed all 8 spark plugs, brand new coils (just last week), brand new alternator and lastly brand new fuel filter. before it was just here and there and only accelerating, but now it really only does it around 45-55, and when we slow down. any suggestions...….anything at this point helps.....

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm a little confused, how can your vehicle hesitate slowing down. Do you drive with foot on gas and brake at same time?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have new plugs and coils and no sharp shaking or missing feeling then I would test and rule out fuel pressure.

Check at fuel rail for at least 35-45 with key on engine off then see if it maintains while running and revving and holding the rpms up a little like maybe 3500.
You can also rig a longer hose, I use an old AC manifold gauge hose to tun up by wipers and lay on towel and shut hood so I can drive around and still watch fuel pressure.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Amazing they don't make a ready to buy fuel hose like that? Probably the risk of an accident looking at gauge instead of road is why. Toby, your the Mcgyver of Ohio! Now if someone can come up with a surefire tool to remove all 8 sparkplugs on 04-08 F150's/Expeditions, without breaking. Submit your entries to Lisle tools, and be the next millionaire!

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You aren't joking about that are you? I know someone who is a millionaire because he sold a tool design to them. He and his brothers went out they open a nice multiple Bay garage facility after that pay rent for several years. Really nice people. He had a commercial account with my wife's store when she worked in Auto Parts and I ended up driving his wedding when he got married.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All it takes is one clever idea. Ever watch shark tank?