Seal barking? No it’s the Power Running Board

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jenn8670

Reaction score
2015 Expedition passenger side power running board. It was stuck in the out position so I sprayed hinges with white lightning. I closed door and helped running board go in. While driving it sounded like a seal barking. Embarrassing!! I once again helped it close. This time I put settings to off. The doors opened and the steps stayed in. However when I started driving the passenger side came out. It stays out, and when I slow down or start to take off it barks but stays in out position. Anyone else have this issue or know what to try?? Arrrggghh.

rktktpaul

Reaction score
FotdTechMaculoco has a great video on freeing and lubricating power running boards. Mine were frozen for over two years; after doing the 3-part lubrication outlined been working freely going on three years now.

Texangwen

Reaction score
Did you ever figure this issue out? The same exact thing is happening with my driver side running boards, barking like a seal. I tried to leave them either deployed or keep them up, but as soon as I start driving, the driver's side board comes down and barks like a seal regardless of the setting I have it on. I've tried the fix in the link YouTube video and it doesn't work.

Texangwen

Reaction score
2015 Expedition passenger side power running board. It was stuck in the out position so I sprayed hinges with white lightning. I closed door and helped running board go in. While driving it sounded like a seal barking. Embarrassing!! I once again helped it close. This time I put settings to off. The doors opened and the steps stayed in. However when I started driving the passenger side came out. It stays out, and when I slow down or start to take off it barks but stays in out position. Anyone else have this issue or know what to try?? Arrrggghh.
Did you ever figure this issue out? The same exact thing is happening with my driver side running boards, barking like a seal. I tried to leave them either deployed or keep them up, but as soon as I start driving, the driver's side board comes down and barks like a seal regardless of the setting I have it on. I've tried the fix in the link YouTube video and it doesn't work.