Searched didn’t see it. Dash cam power?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone use one of these dongles to pull power from the rear view mirror?
Seems Ford uses their own random plug / pin patterns. Any success? Quick edit. Hmm my platinum doesn’t have an obvious plug in the back of the mirror, guessing it runs up under the driver assist box/sensors just above the mirror. Hmm?

I’d like to try doing this setup.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve done that with past cars. Just like this plug and play idea. Granted the plug is stashed. Anyone know whats under that black driver assist window module cover? Guessing wiper sensors and collision stuff?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Calidad heres my post from some time ago. Works great still.

Big H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have radar power run behind the mirror in my 2019 limited, used the gray/brown wire for the negative so it turns off with the car battery automatically. Have the dash cam running to the passenger fuse box.

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone use one of these dongles to pull power from the rear view mirror?
Seems Ford uses their own random plug / pin patterns. Any success? Quick edit. Hmm my platinum doesn’t have an obvious plug in the back of the mirror, guessing it runs up under the driver assist box/sensors just above the mirror. Hmm?

I’d like to try doing this setup.

That dongle is pure genius!
Thanks for sharing. I had no idea these existed.

night vision

Reaction score
As others have mentioned, fuse panel, right lower passenger. Route the cables up through the pillar behind the door seal. Also if you have a used iPhone with a sim card, wire it in to be permanently powered on and hide the phone somewhere in the mess of whatevers. You can then use 'find my iPhone' because it still registers on the cell network. You do not need a data plan or anything. Just a phone with a sim card. Then if your vehicle gets stolen, you can easily find it.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My post above has a link to a different post where I talk about how I used the simple tap to wire both a detector and dashcam, from the mirror assembly. Pretty easy.