Seat bottom swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRQ Bill

Reaction score
just scored a nice 2003 XLT. The drivers seat bottom is starting to show signs of wear on the outside edge. Is it a simple swap with the passenger seat bottom? Trying to fix the issue before it gets ugly. Thanks!

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Still high as heck though! Why are there no chinese ones flooding the market for 35.00. We could renew the interior in tons of vehicle like going to Tijuana to get interior done...lol.

I really don't think they know about a lot of things that would sell lit hotcakes.
I'm in the mower biz and I see the carbs they copy flood ebay and dirt cheap.
Takes them a log time to get some on the market and some seem to never get made.
Tecumseh has been out of business a long time and the stock or old way overpriced ones dried up a good few years ago.
Now you can finally get them for 10-14 shipped to your door. Mid 2018 was first time I saw a Kawasaki push mower carb on there that was not genuine Kawi. 36.00 shipped vs 158 for Kawi on Amazon. Put it on and started first pull and ran perfect!

They have copied the Huayi carbs on Loncin engines... Is that Chinese copying Chinese?? I guess so but the Huayi is better finish looking and I prefer it bu they all work.

how do we get in touch with the Chinese manufacturers and get some seat covers removed an copied. I would buy several sets a year.

Mako825

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The seat bottom on the drivers seat of my '03 Ford Expedition XLT is in bad need of replacing. The Seat Shop.com has a leather/vinyl replacement for $210 and an All Leather replacement for $240. These folks have installation videos and appear to have a good product. But they are a little pricey. Has anyone used them lately?

There are other suppliers on eBay that are less expensive. Has anyone had any success with any of the eBay vendors?

Thanks Ford Expedition family for any insight you may have!

Mako

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The seat bottom on the drivers seat of my '03 Ford Expedition XLT is in bad need of replacing. The Seat Shop.com has a leather/vinyl replacement for $210 and an All Leather replacement for $240. These folks have installation videos and appear to have a good product. But they are a little pricey. Has anyone used them lately?

There are other suppliers on eBay that are less expensive. Has anyone had any success with any of the eBay vendors?

Thanks Ford Expedition family for any insight you may have!

Mako
I am sure they are a quality product but they're out of their mind at the prices they charge. I would just go buy you seats off Marketplace or junkyard before I would pay them that much for a seat bottom and then have to do the work myself. As a matter of fact you could go to several different upholstery shops and get it done as cheap or cheaper than they charge to just ship you the part.
I really don't know how we ended up with those things getting so out of control. And as I've said before why aren't there cheap vinyl copies for 25 to $35 on eBay?
Maybe that will be my next business venture. I would just go to the junkyard and pull off the bottoms one of each specific year range and style and get the Upholstery and start sewing some up.
I will sell all of mine for 149 to 169 and make an absolute killing.

Mako825

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am sure they are a quality product but they're out of their mind at the prices they charge. I would just go buy you seats off Marketplace or junkyard before I would pay them that much for a seat bottom and then have to do the work myself. As a matter of fact you could go to several different upholstery shops and get it done as cheap or cheaper than they charge to just ship you the part.
I really don't know how we ended up with those things getting so out of control. And as I've said before why aren't there cheap vinyl copies for 25 to $35 on eBay?
Maybe that will be my next business venture. I would just go to the junkyard and pull off the bottoms one of each specific year range and style and get the Upholstery and start sewing some up.
I will sell all of mine for 149 to 169 and make an absolute killing.

TobyU - I read you 5x5 that you're holding out for cheap Chinese knock-offs.

Nevertheless, anyone else out there in the Ford Expedition family that has had success buying seats bottoms from one of the many eBay vendors?

Thanks!
Mako

Mako825

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Riphip! I assume you're happy with the US Auto Seat Cover products (good color match and fitment)?

Mako

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I installed a SeatShop bottom on my 08. Like you, I thought I'd save a few bucks with an ebay one. SeatShop has a video that compares their product one of the other cheaper seat bottoms. Watch it. I did and I choose to spend the extra $30 on the SeatShop's. Yes, they are pricey, but it went on with no problems and looks exactly like the original.

From time to time they have a 10% off sale that saves you about $20. That helps. talk to them. Their product is excellent and is made here.