Second Generation '04 Ford Expedition 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jb14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Truck looks good!

I'm about to go in for a second round on the lift with my truck and go a little different route. Currently, I have 3 1/2 front 2 1/2 rear spacer set up which is the max lift. I really never liked how much angle it put on the A-arm joints (stress).

What I have researched is putting on Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts they will work for the front and I am verifying what may need to change to fit for the rear.

The idea is with the 5100 having a 2 1/2 inch lift I can remove the spacers for the rear and have only a 1-inch spacer up front. Should give suspension travel and articulation close to stock.

Vid has a better explanation of why (different truck but same for all)

Jb14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View media item 7147View media item 7146View media item 7145View media item 7116View media item 7111
Current miles 169,000. Please how did y'all remove your running boards?? I want mine gone but don't know how. Both trucks look awsome without by the way! Current set up is 2.5 inch lift kit in front, none in back. 2.5 inch spacers all around with 33inch or 285/70/17 all terrain tires on 2015 blacked out f-150 rims

To remove running boards grab a wrench get under truck and you will see 3 brackets attached to running boards (front, middle, rear of boards) with two bolts in each bracket. Just undo the bolts that hold the mounts to truck (you do not need to undo from running board unless you want to) Maybe 15 minute job.

Donald Bell

Reaction score
To remove running boards grab a wrench get under truck and you will see 3 brackets attached to running boards (front, middle, rear of boards) with two bolts in each bracket. Just undo the bolts that hold the mounts to truck (you do not need to undo from running board unless you want to) Maybe 15 minute job.

Thanks man, found all that you pointed out, now my next prob is I have to get some rust breaker can't turn any of the bolts at all which are covered with rust. Maybe an impact wrench will do but I don't have one so I'll have to go the old elbow grease route! Oh and one snapped off completely

Last edited:

Arvin

Reaction score
Here's mine with some with

Federal Couragia MT LT33X12.5R20

6.JPG 7.JPG