Secondary O2 sensor bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I got my first Gen Expedition with the 5.4 V8 in it, and the other day one of the Catylitic converters went out on me clogging the secondary Cat. That had caused a overpressuring in the exhaust and caused the piping in between to bust open clean. I have cutted out the Catylitic and have ran just a piece of pipe. I am wanting to remove all of the cats and run Catyliticless. What are some cheap but effective ways to bypass the 02 sensor?

Yager

Full Access Members
Reaction score
U have to keep the front for your a/f ratio. The rears u can get something called a non fouler. On Amazon super cheap. Screw those into the bungs and the o2s into those. Say good bye to your check engine light.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
U have to keep the front for your a/f ratio. The rears u can get something called a non fouler. On Amazon super cheap. Screw those into the bungs and the o2s into those. Say good bye to your check engine light.
The non fouler thing could I get them at a auto parts store like orillys or AutoZone?

Yager

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah possibly. Ask for a spark plug non fouler

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Non foulers work great!! There is a set of 2, drill out one, install it inside the other one and then install the O2 sensor, I did it on mine and not had one problem!

Asltrfl

Reaction score
I used them too. Oreilys has them in the "help" section. You do have to drill out "enlarge" the small hole it comes with, in order for the tip of the O2 sensor to fit. Worked perfect on the rear sensors. Just clear code and drive. After install and a few drive cycles, if you throw a code again (this happens rarely) you can go buy another set for $5 and just double them up. I've always had them work with just one on each side.