Securing the center console tray from sliding side to side.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavidC

Reaction score
Has anyone determined a good way to prevent the center console tray from sliding back and forth on curvy roads?

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use small spring hinged paper clips. The type wher the handles rotate over. Clip one on each rail and the tray will stay put.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Paperclips holding together parts on a $70k+ vehicle is priceless!

All vehicles have quirks. A 5 cent clip solves the quirk of the tray sliding from side to side when you turn the vehicle. Do you even own a 2018 or newer Expedition?

042D7AD6-7D8E-44AE-B7C9-F081079C6046.jpeg

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All vehicles have quirks. A 5 cent clip solves the quirk of the tray sliding from side to side when you turn the vehicle. Do you even own a 2018 or newer Expedition?

View attachment 29456
I’m free to post on any forum, my 2016 doesn’t have quirks so not familiar with what you are doing. Just seems silly that that little tray is that bothersome

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m free to post on any forum, my 2016 doesn’t have quirks so not familiar with what you are doing. Just seems silly that that little tray is that bothersome
You are indeed free to post anywhere you like, it’s just rude to be a troll is all.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I cut a couple pieces of black rubbery drawer liner material and press fit it into the grooves on the bottom side of the tray so it doesn’t easily slide on the rails. It can still be moved if needed, but won’t slide on its own. I also lined the tray with the same material so items don’t rattle.

T1000

Reaction score
I cut a couple pieces of black door edge molding. It fit perfect over the raised piece that the tray slides in and blended perfectly.