Sensitive Door Locks

Discussion in '4th Gen - 2018 - present' started by Bill Schell, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Bill Schell

Bill Schell Full Access Members

So I was washing the car today and noticed that the water from the hose spray nozzle was activating the "intelligent Access" door sensors. It kept locking/unlocking and turning on the parking lamps. Maybe next time I'll leave the key FOB outside the 3 ft. sensor range. Anyone else experience this?

These style "no key or button" needed locks are pretty cool. Both our current cars are 2006; so we're a bit behind on the tech train.

2. Squark

Squark Member

I’ve had the same issue with my Expy and my wife’s car. I just leave the key sitting inside the car while I wash it.

Bill Schell and nate6966 like this.
  3. Bill Schell

It would seem the system would still be active with the FOB inside? But then, were that the case, how could a person inside the car ever lock their doors for security?

I often float the rivers in the area and we pay for "turnarounds" (car/trailer shuttle). I have a spare key for my Dodge truck, so I instruct them to just leave it on the driver floor and lock the doors. This new system has me thinking how to handle shuttles. Leave the FOB inside and I use the keycode on the driver door?

4. aggiegrad05

aggiegrad05 Full Access Members

This. The door keypad is one of the most insanely useful features offered in the auto industry. My dad's old honda had it back in the 80's, but Ford is the only one that does this now. My key hardly ever leaves my truck...I either use the keypad, my phone, or my apple watch to lock, unlock, and remote start.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  5. Squark

Squark Member

The doors will not lock/unlock from the door handle with the fob in the car, so you can spray water without it going crazy.

Bill Schell likes this.
  6. Bill Schell

Cool. More great Ford logic... like the auto deploy side steps that only deploy on the side with the door open and can be switched to not deploy at all if desired! Options are good.

7. Flexpedition

Flexpedition Full Access Members

Threadjack alert!

I like to think I'm a car guy & went thru my brain Rolodex of Hondas and can't come up with ever seeing a Honda keypad. Do you recall the year/model?

Other than Ford products, I can only think of Nissan's early 90's era Maxima offered an OEM keypad. Just a few years back Nissan was selling Ford's accessory stick-on keypad out of their parts departments as the two brands share(d) the same remote control frequency.

8. aggiegrad05

AH! You're right! It was my mom's maxima, not my dad's accord. And I guess it could have been early 90s not late 80s...I was about 8 years old so I'm not going to put too much faith in my temporal awareness skills from that time.

Flexpedition likes this.
  9. Deadman

Deadman Full Access Members

You can also lock the FOB in the car if you hit a series of buttons on the outer key pad, I watched my salesman show me, but I have no clue what he hit.....

10. aggiegrad05

Tap the bottom two buttons simultaneously. (I think it's "7/8" and "9/0")