Sensitive Door Locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cool. More great Ford logic... like the auto deploy side steps that only deploy on the side with the door open and can be switched to not deploy at all if desired! Options are good.
They are supposed to open on both sides regardless of what side the door is opened on.... at least mine do.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Really? Mine (ours?) just open on the door open side...why would they need to open on both?
Yeah, I just went and opened the rear passenger door and they both deployed. They don’t both need to open and I have always thought it strange just from a wear and tear argument but just figured that’s how they operate. Mine is a 12/22/18 build Navigator of that means anything to this particular behavior.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Really? Mine (ours?) just open on the door open side...why would they need to open on both?
Just read on another forum that this depends on engine on or off... they stated engine on=only side of opened door and engine off=both sides. This was a Navigator forum so I assume it applies to y’all as well. I’ll test this today.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just read on another forum that this depends on engine on or off... they stated engine on=only side of opened door and engine off=both sides. This was a Navigator forum so I assume it applies to y’all as well. I’ll test this today.

Not for me. If the vehicle is my garage (off) and I open a door, still only that side’s steps deploy.

Obviously it seems funny to me that a step would deploy for a closed door (I mean, where ya gonna take the step TO?). BUT...I am reminded the Navi has a lighted step. So Lincoln in all of its wisdom may have chosen to have them both deploy for effect and/or additional entry lighting.

Fordalways

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve seen the lights flashing when washing the car but the mirrors don’t fold in as they do when I touch the pad to lock the doors. Those sensors are easily confused.

As an additional caution for those with the foot action liftgate feature, the manual warns not to have the fob in your pocket when washing the car as splashing water under the bumper may open the liftgate if the fob is near the rear.

The keyless entry has saved my bacon a couple of times. It’s easy to lock my keys inside the travel trailer in the middle of nowhere. I keep a spare trailer key in the Expy.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not for me. If the vehicle is my garage (off) and I open a door, still only that side’s steps deploy.

Obviously it seems funny to me that a step would deploy for a closed door (I mean, where ya gonna take the step TO?). BUT...I am reminded the Navi has a lighted step. So Lincoln in all of its wisdom may have chosen to have them both deploy for effect and/or additional entry lighting.
Just tested my Navigator and off both sides open on only open door side opens.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On mine, only the side with the door open deploys. LOVE the door keypad thingy. Wish all manufacturers had it. Oh, and I had one of those Maximas too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360