Sensors Went Wacky!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Epic Dad

Reaction score
Finally got my Platinum Max and finally lifted it. Once the lift went on and after a bunch of sensors were disconnected all the sensors such as ABS, Downhill Decent, Limited Slip, Proximity Sensors, and more all went wacky. The guy at the shop told me I need to have Ford do a factory reset on the system. Does that sound like that will put everything back into working order? Does anyone know of any good threads on this? I tried searching and came up empty handed. I typed it stuff like, “Sensor Lift.” I’ll post better photos tomorrow. For now I parked it near a light across the street to finally see it’s profile. 6C163E66-7883-4342-A9B7-B7B7CF0134AC.jpeg

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally got my Platinum Max and finally lifted it. Once the lift went on and after a bunch of sensors were disconnected all the sensors such as ABS, Downhill Decent, Limited Slip, Proximity Sensors, and more all went wacky. The guy at the shop told me I need to have Ford do a factory reset on the system. Does that sound like that will put everything back into working order? Does anyone know of any good threads on this? I tried searching and came up empty handed. I typed it stuff like, “Sensor Lift.” I’ll post better photos tomorrow. For now I parked it near a light across the street to finally see it’s profile. View attachment 75549

I don’t have an answer about the reset but I’m curious; what is the purpose of lifting the vehicle like you did?

OP
OP
Epic Dad

Epic Dad

Reaction score
I don’t have an answer about the reset but I’m curious; what is the purpose of lifting the vehicle like you did?
Obviously so it looks badass lol!
I used to be a pretty hardcore off-roader back in my twenties. But with family and work I barely get out these days. However everyone once in a while we get out on a trail and do a little over landing. I like to make sure my vehicle is well capable of getting through a good trail and snow as well when we go the mountains. And yes, again, gotta make sure it matches my personality in regards to looks.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try disconnecting the battery for 15 min. If that doesn't work and there are still warning lights on the dash then you'll have to find someone with a good scan tool (snap on / bosch / ford) and have them connect to the vehicle and see what codes are being set.