Shifting is Different?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes I can build tunes for any ford vehicle 96 and newer....

No I can just sell you the hardware and a free software package that allows you to load files I send you into the flash interface, but I would also send the flash tuner with up to 5 pre-loaded tunes, you would choose which tune to flash to the truck and you can change back and fourth between tunes with re-flashing taking up to 3 minutes.

If you want a chip (only available for the 02 and older). You can do 6 shift on the fly tunes but for changes you have to send me your chip back unless you buy the chip burner, but the chip burner costs more of course....

Matt

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I went up to Sniper Tuning, he showed me a quick overview of the program and stuff. On there I saw you could adjust the shift firmness from "Stock" to "Racing" with some others in between. What exactly is being done to make the shift "firmer", and does it damage the tranny over the long run? Also, is the advantage quicker shifting, and if so, by how much?

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The setting that gets changed by the special forces software is the amount of shift pressure that the computer commands when upshifting. In most cases this is actually better for the transmission because it doesn't take as long for the shift to complete, thus saving clutch material.
Matt

BobB

Reaction score
Is this strange shift issue also on the 2013 Expy? I just bought one and noticed it shifts differently.
Bob