Shocks on backorder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2018expyXLT4wd

Reaction score
Yup. 2018 Expy w/17.5K on it. Driver's side front and rear struts blown. Bagged OEMs and put KYBs on the rear, Bilsteins enroute for the front.

Awesome dealer 178pt certified pre-owned checklist completed (ehhh, they missed the low coolant and blown manifold gasket - repaired under warranty). Had a flat LF a week after purchase and needed 3 sockets (13/16, 21mm and 22mm) to get the wheel off...swapped out those 24 OEM lugnut gems for McGard steel...now one socket, one breaker bar (you know, normal).

EXPY now happy!

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whoa ... I’d be making a scene. lol.
Hopefully they went above and beyond to make things right.

Shutterbug57

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whoa ... I’d be making a scene. lol.
Hopefully they went above and beyond to make things right.

Not sure what making a scene will accomplish when parts are unavailable. THBS, with this as a know issue, many users have figured out their alternative assuming they experience the failure. My alternative is Bilsteins all around.

2018expyXLT4wd

Reaction score
Not sure what making a scene will accomplish when parts are unavailable. THBS, with this as a know issue, many users have figured out their alternative assuming they experience the failure. My alternative is Bilsteins all around.

Yup...I never got to the 'back ordered' state, as I was interested in eliminating the problem altogether by installing quality parts

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Make the dealer (FORD) pay for the Bilsteins.

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry, this is what I was referring to, lol,
Awesome dealer 178pt certified pre-owned checklist completed (ehhh, they missed the low coolant and blown manifold gasket - repaired under warranty). Had a flat LF a week after purchase and needed 3 sockets (13/16, 21mm and 22mm) to get the wheel off...

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Make the dealer (FORD) pay for the Bilsteins.

I have gotten a dealer to do the labor for free and install aftermarket parts I provided. Obviously no warranty on the parts I provided...

Some dealers might be willing to do this sort of thing. I have also been reimbursed by chrysler for factory parts I replaced myself (recall items).

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My local dealer said shocks are on backorder. They must have real problems with these things.

I ordered and bought a new 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4.

At the first oil changed at the dealer, the RF shock was leaking. The dealer ordered it, but it was on back order. It took about 4-6 weeks to arrive.

Four+ years later, Ford is still installing poor quality shocks and the parts are still on back order.

Ford used to advertise that, “Quality is Job 1”. I guess they realized that was not true.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni