Shocks or Struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got my Expedition back from the dealer and it's like a new truck. My shocks (struts) were worse than I thought.
Anyway, I measured height on all four openings on level ground. Before was 35" on all. After is 36" on all. Now I'm going to check them once in a (great) while...

MikeL867

Reaction score
A properly configured weight distribution hitch will take some of the weight off the rear and reapportion it between the front axle and trailer axle. If configured correctly, your rear should not sag. The air bags are not a substitute for returning weight to the steering axle. Boats seem to be an exception, since they have relatively low tongue weight compared to the total trailer weight. But I don't have any direct experience with boats.
My suspension isn’t trashed from towing, the struts blow when I’m driving in -50C and hit a big bump. Ford classifies this climate as extreme service.

Jrumps89

Reaction score
Extended warranty does cover struts but not shock absorbers. The shock absorber part is what is leaking but my understanding is that is technically part of the strut.
How did it end for you? Did they pay the claim? Im going through the same issue at the moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImWearingPants