Show your Lifted 3rd Gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bugatti32

Reaction score
Off road adventures are perfectly stimulating but off road in a lifted Expedition is just SEXY!!!!

schmaltz

Reaction score
View attachment 32471

View attachment 32472

2”/2” eBay kit to maintain the rake. I decided to go for it based on this thread.

Tires are 275/75r18 BFG ko2s.

I’ve seen references on this forum to moving the brake line clip, but the instructions I had and the ready lift that downloaded make no mention of moving the brake line clip.

Which line is everyone moving? Front or rear? My rear lines are definitely tight at full droop.
What is the deal with the 2/2 kit vs the ready lift 2/3 kit? Do ya'll recommend the bilstein 4600s too?

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is the deal with the 2/2 kit vs the ready lift 2/3 kit? Do ya'll recommend the bilstein 4600s too?
Personal preference really. I have the 3/2 and 35/11.50/20s on my 16 and love how it looks. However, I’m tuned, and 35s are really heavy. When I need new tires I will most likely ditch the 3/2, go with the new bilstein 5100 adjustables and run a slightly larger tire than the stock 275/55/20s.

My wife has a stock setup with 275/55/20 on 20x9 +10s and the way it sits on stock height is perfect.

5100s for lift, 4600s if your towing

schmaltz

Reaction score
Personal preference really. I have the 3/2 and 35/11.50/20s on my 16 and love how it looks. However, I’m tuned, and 35s are really heavy. When I need new tires I will most likely ditch the 3/2, go with the new bilstein 5100 adjustables and run a slightly larger tire than the stock 275/55/20s.

My wife has a stock setup with 275/55/20 on 20x9 +10s and the way it sits on stock height is perfect.

5100s for lift, 4600s if your towing
Why would you choose the 3/2 over the 2/2? What does it mean? Are you saying that the 5100s provide he lift but are not good if you want to tow? Do you guys have to re-gear for these larger tires (and reset your speedo) like in the Jeep world?

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why would you choose the 3/2 over the 2/2? What does it mean? Are you saying that the 5100s provide he lift but are not good if you want to tow? Do you guys have to re-gear for these larger tires (and reset your speedo) like in the Jeep world?
Only way to fit 35s is to get the front up 3” without having to do a ton of cutting. 3” front 2” rear, basically strut spacers. Anything more than that and your suspension angles are all jacked up. The 5100s only offer like 1.6” of lift on their highest setting so if you want a slightly larger tire than stock and a very minor lift, do all four corners with 5100s. I have heard from several f150 owners that if you plan to tow, 4600s will be your best bet. They offer no lift but great ride quality over stock. 5100s you can use to tow with but you may want to keep them at stock height setting. The 3/2 or 2/2 spacers are great and all but there are several options out there nowadays to meet your needs.

As for re-gearing, I’m already running 3.73s with HD tow package and the wheel and tire combo I have are perfect for those. I am tuned so can easily adjust my tire size when uploading a tune to correct the speedo. And yes, usually anything over 33s needs adjustment. I was off by almost 5mph after I put lift and tires on

schmaltz

Reaction score
Only way to fit 35s is to get the front up 3” without having to do a ton of cutting. 3” front 2” rear, basically strut spacers. Anything more than that and your suspension angles are all jacked up. The 5100s only offer like 1.6” of lift on their highest setting so if you want a slightly larger tire than stock and a very minor lift, do all four corners with 5100s. I have heard from several f150 owners that if you plan to tow, 4600s will be your best bet. They offer no lift but great ride quality over stock. 5100s you can use to tow with but you may want to keep them at stock height setting. The 3/2 or 2/2 spacers are great and all but there are several options out there nowadays to meet your needs.

As for re-gearing, I’m already running 3.73s with HD tow package and the wheel and tire combo I have are perfect for those. I am tuned so can easily adjust my tire size when uploading a tune to correct the speedo. And yes, usually anything over 33s needs adjustment. I was off by almost 5mph after I put lift and tires on
OK. So the 3/2 will get me the biggest tires. I would like 35 x 12/11. Then I get the 4600s to improve ride quality. Then get the rims and tires? I have a 14 EL that I want to make more offroad capable. I have a lifted Wrangler and I'm just trying to figure out what to tell my mechanic. What does the coil over do for me?