Show your Lifted 3rd Gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve seen plenty ppl do just that @schmaltz

3/2 with upgraded 4600s to get the 35s

Now coilovers such as these will allow you to adjust your lift from 3/4” to 2-1/4”. https://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/products/?make=Ford&year=2016&model=Expedition

These will be better if you're doing serious off-roading as the 3/2 kit runs into suspension articulation issues at full compression or full drop. Now I only take mine in the sand and have had no issues, but others have that use 3/2s off road on trails and stuff. I honestly would do everything all at once if you can. If not, do all suspension stuff together and then wheels tires

schmaltz

Reaction score
I’ve seen plenty ppl do just that @schmaltz

3/2 with upgraded 4600s to get the 35s

Now coilovers such as these will allow you to adjust your lift from 3/4” to 2-1/4”. https://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/products/?make=Ford&year=2016&model=Expedition

These will be better if you're doing serious off-roading as the 3/2 kit runs into suspension articulation issues at full compression or full drop. Now I only take mine in the sand and have had no issues, but others have that use 3/2s off road on trails and stuff. I honestly would do everything all at once if you can. If not, do all suspension stuff together and then wheels tires
What I plan to use it for is overlanding. Not crazy off roading. I'll pull a small trailer too. I have a Jeep for rock climbing etc. I am going to do it all at once, I'm just trying to get the strategy in place.

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What I plan to use it for is overlanding. Not crazy off roading. I'll pull a small trailer too. I have a Jeep for rock climbing etc. I am going to do it all at once, I'm just trying to get the strategy in place.
If you have the finances, I would highly recommend the icons. They say you can run 33x11.50 zero run or larger tires which may need some minor fender trimming.

If not, a readylift 3/2 with upgraded 4600s should get you what your after

71Rcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just wrapped up my install if the Rough Country 2.5" front and 1" rear lift. I really like the improved elevated look over stock soccer mom experience.

20200327_192725.jpg

20200327_192743.jpg

71Rcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not for awhile. These babies are brand new! For the record, these 3rd gen Expedition wheels and tires are monsters as compared to the stock wheels/tires on my 1st gen.

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not for awhile. These babies are brand new! For the record, these 3rd gen Expedition wheels and tires are monsters as compared to the stock wheels/tires on my 1st gen.
Yeah I hear ya. I couldn’t stand how puny my 275/55/20s looked on my 2016 EL after I installed readylift 3/2. Had to move to 35s