Shudder/Vibration Low speed turn, power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had this exact experience. The service advisor said that they replaced the front diff. They separated the ticket into two different ones with one for the power train warranty work & inenfir customer pay. I did not get the copy of the warranty work ro so I can't confirm. Looking under the truck did not reveal a new pumpkin.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had this exact experience. The service advisor said that they replaced the front diff. They separated the ticket into two different ones with one for the power train warranty work & inenfir customer pay. I did not get the copy of the warranty work ro so I can't confirm. Looking under the truck did not reveal a new pumpkin.

To confirm...you had the shudder/vibration in 2H mode only? When you selected 4A the shudder went away?

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did have it in 2H. I did not check for 4A function. As long as I have a warranty & I'm not getting paid for my diagnosis, I don't feel like spending the time with the dealer that doesn't listen to me anyway. Here is a different story. I'm doing diagnostics when things go wrong so I can help people here.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did have it in 2H. I did not check for 4A function. As long as I have a warranty & I'm not getting paid for my diagnosis, I don't feel like spending the time with the dealer that doesn't listen to me anyway. Here is a different story. I'm doing diagnostics when things go wrong so I can help people here.

Since you didn’t get a copy of the warranty work, are you saying your invoice (which you paid for) is the replacement of the front diff? Odd they wouldn’t give you a copy of the warranty invoice.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
mine does this when we back out of the driveway and turn sharp onto the road, its gravel, asphalt so i get a tire slip, jump, grab.
its the limited slip i would guess,
then add in my drive is 2" taller than the street and the front wheel is turned pretty sharp and it drops and creeks a bit, as it looses traction and then rolls across the gravel stuff.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i may have not been clear, mine does it at backing out of the drive, which is slow. i get noise and groans as the wheels transit the three different traction of gravel, asphalt and concrete, plus a 2" height difference

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the beginning of epas failure like Coolzzy said. The electric steering rack often inevitably has to be replaced. Pretty common failure if you look over at the F-150 forum, often around 100k miles.

MyExpedition2016

Reaction score
Finally got it back from the dealer and the rear end grinding is no more. They replaced the clutch pack in the rear differential. this is the limited slip components from what I've read and happens fairly often. Under warranty - $0!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes