1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Side windows shields

Discussion in 'After Market Add-Ons' started by Guest, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Anyone have any experience of these side window deflectors to enable you to have the window cracked open without the noise or wind coming in.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

They're easy to install ...

You can get them for less than $50 at almost any autoparts store. I got some for my '03 Expedition at PepBoys. The same ones fit '97-'03 models. Clean the area around the window well with the alcohol they give you. Just place them where they're gonna go before you peel the backing off the adhesive tape, then work slowly. You might even get someone to help you hold it lined up. But once you stick it on its not going anywhere. The front window's leading tip sticks under the sideview mirror's plastic mount. The front ones are not gonna shield the window too much but the rear ones offer about 2" of shielding. Mike

3. JEFF WISECARVER

JEFF WISECARVER Member

Weather Tech makes one for the Expedition for about $50. Just bought, will see how well they fit this week.

4. 07mustangman

07mustangman Member

I have the AVS ones on my 2011 Limited. They look good and easy install.

5. Retiredusps

Retiredusps Full Access Members

I have them on our expy and f-150 never had a problem with them. Ops also on the f250 even on the rear fold outs. they cut down on wind noise with the window down alittle. forgot i also had them on my ranger years ago!!! use to smoke I was able to keep the smoke out even in winter time.

6. doodlebugs-93

doodlebugs-93 Member

I'm using the weathertech brand in channel design window visors. my 2002 ford expedition.jpg