Silver trim touch up paint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caviar65

Reaction score
So I scratched up the front bumper’s silver piece of plastic trim, down to the black base color. Can’t seem to find Ford touch up paint for this color, only seem to carry the primary vehicle color. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!89f61af7fedaef9c1af9c3108a4a7983.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I scratched up the front bumper’s silver piece of plastic trim, down to the black base color. Can’t seem to find Ford touch up paint for this color, only seem to carry the primary vehicle color. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!89f61af7fedaef9c1af9c3108a4a7983.jpg

few options you have:

1) try to either pop that piece off or tape it and paint the whole thing with silver bumper/plastic paint. Ford color pens are only for body colors, not trim
2) stop by stealership and request quote for new piece. Warranty??
3) sand the rough edges and wrap that piece with vinyl, more labor intensive IMO

I’d go option 2 then 1 then 3. Thts just me

OP
OP
C

Caviar65

Reaction score
Thanks. Might have to go #2 unless maybe the trim color is the same as Ford’s silver body color in which case I could try some touch-up

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
It’s ghetto, but if nothing else, a silver Sharpie pen actually matches that trim piece somewhat decently. The three options above are all much better, but for a temporary touch-up it works.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. Might have to go #2 unless maybe the trim color is the same as Ford’s silver body color in which case I could try some touch-up

I have the Ingot Silver exterior, and the silver trim piece has a slightly darker color to it. Have you talked with your dealer's part's dept to see if they have touch-up paint available for the trim piece? If you use the Ingot Silver touch-up paint, it will be slightly lighter in color, but it's still pretty close.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd feel like a entitled millennial cockroach asking a dealership to warranty this.

Here is another bad millennial option: Silver duct tape from Home Depot. Then return the used roll for a full refund. Then leave Home Depot a bad review.

If you can't be without this piece on your truck for a few days while the original one gets refinished, a replacement is part number JL1Z-8419-APTM and they run about $85. The APTM in the part number means it comes Paint-To-Match, so your opportunity to paint/wrap the new piece black to match your Expedition, or maybe a different shade than current if interested.

If off-road is your thing, maybe cut some holes in the old one for some LED lighting, could turn out great.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has found touchup paint that works on the silver trim piece on the front and rear bumpers. My dealer doesn't have a part number for touch-up paint for it and suggested having a body shop color match some touch-up paint. I find it hard to believe that Ford doesn't offer touch up paint for the silver trim strip on the front of an $80K vehicle.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just removed my front license plate holder and would like to plug the silver trim hole at the top.

Anyone find the color code?

Thanks!