SiriusXM would not play

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Auntboo17

Reaction score
This is an update to an issue I had posted, but I can’t find it now.

We bought my 2014 King Ranch Expedition new. From the get-go I had issues with the SiriusXM not wanting to play. It mostly displayed the “no signal” message. And, of course, it never displayed to the Ford service department so that they could grab the error code which communicates to them what the problem may be.

Jump ahead to this spring. The “check engine” and “tire pressure sensor” error messages were popping up on my husband’s 2015 F250 Super Duty. And as with my SUV, the messages would never present for the Ford service Dept. While researching for the error messages for his truck, I found owner posts that described problems because of their cell phones, tablets, etc.

After a LOT of trial and error, I’ve finally found how to avoid the SiriusXM issue on my Expedition. Before you start your SUV make certain the Bluetooth is turned OFF on ALL phones, tablets, etc, that are in close proximity to your vehicle. After you start the Expedition, allow a few seconds for your radios to start playing then turn on your Bluetooth and connect to your Expedition Sync. (What I do at my house is crank my SUV then pull out of the garage, allow SiriusXM to begin playing, then connect my phone’s Bluetooth. This just adds a few seconds to my departure.).

I’m only sharing because I spent three and a half years fighting this issue and none of the Ford service departments that I tried could help. This was mainly because the problem wouldn’t show for them. I should add the the dealer I primarily used is about 75 miles from my home. Even though I had the “no signal” message for most of the trip to get there, the radio always worked through whatever the signal/Bluetooth interference on its own after driving about 65 miles. So by the time I had arrived at the dealer, everything was working great. But the 65 miles without the radio working was very frustrating.

I hope this helps someone else.