siruis antenna problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akacolonel

Reaction score
i have a 2014 el xlt with Sirius. lately my sirius has been saying "acquiring signal". I don't believe it is cell tower interference, but when it happens sometimes it seems to coincide with a heavy rain or auto car wash. I smack the antenna which is mounted on the pass side roof, and I get a signal. i have done this several times with positive results. I'm wondering if the antenna is bad. looks like a straight forward repair, and antennas are around $50. I did a search and not too much info on antenna. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. scott

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
i have a 2014 el xlt with Sirius. lately my sirius has been saying "acquiring signal". I don't believe it is cell tower interference, but when it happens sometimes it seems to coincide with a heavy rain or auto car wash. I smack the antenna which is mounted on the pass side roof, and I get a signal. i have done this several times with positive results. I'm wondering if the antenna is bad. looks like a straight forward repair, and antennas are around $50. I did a search and not too much info on antenna. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. scott
Those sirius antennas are pretty common for getting water into them but you do not need the OEM antenna to repair the issue and any Sirius antenna will work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
akacolonel

akacolonel

Reaction score
well I replaced the antenna. 45 minute job. not too bad. no acquiring signal notification for 5 days now. for some reason Sirius seems to come in louder now. maybe its just me. thanx for the help.. scott

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well I replaced the antenna. 45 minute job. not too bad. no acquiring signal notification for 5 days now. for some reason Sirius seems to come in louder now. maybe its just me. thanx for the help.. scott

I'm looking for a Sirius through the roof antenna for my 81' Chevy pickup, does the Expy antenna have a standard Sirius connector on it or is it a Ford only thing?

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I'm looking for a Sirius through the roof antenna for my 81' Chevy pickup, does the Expy antenna have a standard Sirius connector on it or is it a Ford only thing?
Its a standard connector but the ford usually has sone extra plastic around it