Slightly large drivability concern

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GaryH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
His battery light. The computer may have thrown it into Limp mode ( limiting the RPMs available...). He needs to fix this issue before anything else.

Well, that's another potential cause of the problem if the alternator isn't putting out enough juice at higher rpms. I noticed the light doesn't come on until he floors it.

OP
OP
A

ayries

Reaction score
I have only had this truck for ~8500 miles, and the previous owner claimed it was well maintained until it was parked, but I pulled out 3 motorcroft plugs and 5 auto lite plugs when changing spark plugs so I don’t really know about when/if timing chains and tensioners were ever done or how recent.
But, pretty big update- I went out on a whim and cut the rear cats out. One was completely separated and the internals were cone shaped. Replaced them both with straight pipes and it runs like ***** ape.
The red light is the battery light, it’s on but I have a 360 amp alternator, an agm battery with 3900 amp hours, and big 3 done in 0guage, so alternator to battery, chassis to battery and engine block to battery all in 0 guage. Voltage stays stays between 12.8 and 15 with a 3400 watt system.
Light is still on and truck runs great.
While y’all are here, I’m looking for a y pipe to go from where the rear cats used to be, to where the flange right before the muffler attaches so I can get it welded in. Anybody know where to find one?