Sluggish acceleration. HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SterlingP03

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals.

I have a 2003 Ford Expedition, 207k miles. Has been well maintained as long as I’ve had it (160k).

The service light is on. It has the code P0543 OR Evaporative Emission System Pressure Sensor/Switch High Imput.

So about a week ago, I had the plastic intake break where it connects to my water crossover, thus we had to put a new intake on it. Everything went very smooth with the switch. Well after changing it, the car now is very sluggish. It will still go 70, just takes it awhile to get there. Also, it will not go over 3,000rpm IN GEAR. It will while parked, once the engine reaches 3k the car doesn’t accelerate any more, you let off the gas and the engine slows down and it will start gaining speed again. I replaced some sensors while I had the intake out as well. The TPS, the EGR pressure feedback sensor and cleaned the MAF. Not really sure what to do. I don’t think it is a transmission issue because it doesn’t slip or anything. I just filled up with 91oct and also put some injector cleaner in it. Any suggestions on my sluggish acceleration with slight vibrations would be great.