So the check engine light started blinking...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue oval guy

Reaction score
A flashing MIL lamp almost always will indicate one or more misfiring cylinders, it flashes to warn you to stop or risk damaging or melting down your cats.
As some of the other members have mentioned, a quality scanner might be needed to narrow down whether you have an ignition or fuel related misfire. In any event you need to get that issue fixed lickety split. Please let us know what you find out to be the remedy..

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Stamp, how much amperage does a russet potatoes produce? We all remember science class, where we light a light bulb hooked up to a Idaho russet! Wonder if we could get 8-10 of those boogers to power the inside lights when we don't want to run down the battery.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, good news, good news, and... troubling news!

Good news #1: We found out what the problem is, heh...

IMG_20180808_1752507.jpg
IMG_20180808_1753048.jpg

Heck, they're vertical, I gone messed it up... those are some of the sparky boys, and that tube is a vacuum line... which has a few too many holes! He told me that I was not only losing compression through the hose, but also through the plugs, as they were loose...

Good news #2: That hissing noise? It was some sort of valve, which if you can hear, means "Hey I'm low on coolant!" So, it's been filled up, and not only does my rear AC blow cold, but the front AC blows REALLY cold!

And lastly, the troubling news.... That grinding sound in the rear? It's not the suspension, and the mechanic suspects something to do with the drivetrain, but he doesn't want to say for sure, so I'll keep an ear on it and if it gets worse, then I guess we'll see what to do. Not bad at all for $290, though... and boy, he got it all done in one day, too. Since I bought it like this, it's like upgrading the car without actually putting in aftermarket parts! I mean, jeez, just the AC has went from "well it's better than my explorer" to "wow it's actually really cold in here" (while being 85 outside)

I'm gonna go back to LaVale sometime this week, and I'll have to update whether it can handle the highway this time or not....

BRIANGEE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is that the PCV valve elbow? It sure looks like it and I just replaced mine three days ago. LOL

I'm glad you got most of your issues solved!

BRIANGEE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, pcv splits at a tee and this elbow comes off that and goes up directly into throttle body. I had to smoke test with a homemade smoke machine in order to find my vacuum leak. And this was the culprit.

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, pcv splits at a tee and this elbow comes off that and goes up directly into throttle body. I had to smoke test with a homemade smoke machine in order to find my vacuum leak. And this was the culprit.

Heh, I wonder if that's why I got the car back with white dust all over it...

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I never heard of a low coolant level causing Ac not to blow cold, but hey anythings possible. Maybe the shop gave your AC a free shot of freon, and didn't mention it. Your coming up to the end of that warranty that dealer gave you. You might want to cash in on that drivetrain problem, if they'll fix it. Could get expensive down the road.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

BRIANGEE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I never heard of a low coolant level causing Ac not to blow cold, but hey anythings possible. Maybe the shop gave your AC a free shot of freon

Moose, there you go being a smart aleck again LOL! I know you know what he means. He's using coolant and refrigerant interchangeably... an honest mistake - but you're cracking me up! LOL :p