So... What do ya'll think of my custom rear guard?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CertusExpo

Customizing trucks since I was 7 with my Legos
Reaction score
The main part is off of some kind of heavy equipment. I believe a Caterpillar Grader but I'm not certain. I notched it on the bottom (Out of view) and had 10" of solid 2x2 square stock drilled and welded onto it.

It will be quite destructive to the poor fool that isn't paying attention and hits me.

20161027_142622.jpg

View attachment 18178

20161027_142545.jpg

View attachment 18180

20161027_142629.jpg

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Only thing is how would you feel if it was you wife or another family member that walks into it.

I say that as I have walked into my hitch head on a few occasions and my hitch head doesn't have the sharp points/angle that your rear guard has.

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Reaction score
I thought of that which is why instead of black powder coat, she got bright gloss red.

Plus, not looking where they are going is not my concern. The protection and safety of my occupants and myself are.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not looking where they are going should be your concern You placed a hazard on the expy in a location that normally isn't a hazard.

As I stated How would you feel if your wife or family member were to walk into it. Or maybe some little child gets injured because of it.

I understand about some other driver following to close. But I hate to think of any possible legal problems it could cause you. Especially in todays sue happy world.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks pretty sweet. I definitely wouldn't want my front end anywhere near that thing

And if it was in a parking lot How would you like to walk into it or have your child run into it.

It is a device that was added to his evpy and the only purpose is to cause damage or harm

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Just be ware of the DOT police if they pull u over for that and you can't prove its DOT compliant you're in for quite a hefty citation.

Dot police are state police who patrol the highways and they don't bother with speeder or what small cars do they look for semi's and trucks/SUVs towing trailers or carrying forgen objects via their tow hitch. If I remember correctly citation are based on three different categories: weight, length or intended use and in your case it's intended use is to inflict harm to those who might rear end you... Intentional harm usually lands you in jail so just a heads up man I've seen it happen to someone I know how had a spike in the receiver and his intentions were same as yours "keep your distance or else" he never served jail time but he was arrested, booked and posted bond the same day. The truck however was held as evidence at the impound lot, and the final outcome costed him nearly $10k in impound storage fees, lawyer and a loss of license privileges for 3 months.

Remember any thing you put in your receiver hitch has and must be Department of transportation approved otherwise it's illegal.

Last edited:

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that's is petty neat might also be destructive to the person who walks into it not paying much attention hehe but i don't know how you could miss a big red thing hanging off the back lmao

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Reaction score
Not looking where they are going should be your concern You placed a hazard on the expy in a location that normally isn't a hazard.

As I stated How would you feel if your wife or family member were to walk into it. Or maybe some little child gets injured because of it.

I understand about some other driver following to close. But I hate to think of any possible legal problems it could cause you. Especially in todays sue happy world.

I appreciate your concern and see where it's coming from but when people's faces are buried in their phones while they are driving, the higher odd is that someone will hit me from the rear... again.