So... What do ya'll think of my custom rear guard?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Customizing trucks since I was 7 with my Legos
Reaction score
I am manufacturing a v2.0 that will have changes as well as added gussets before being sent to manufacture then sale. They're not gonna be cheap but compared to deductibles and increased rates, it pays for itself.

Look at that Denali. Can anyone identify the damage? I can still use my hatch. Now, I will add this. At a much later date, while I was under the rear end I made a discovery. The hitch, the entire hitch was bent from the impact enough to where the spare is irretrievable and thus, useless. I plan on yanking one from a yard and replacing it.

Reaction score
Whoa, mama! That thing's brutal! Have to say, I've walked into my F350 dually's massive hitch that I use for my 26' car hauler a number of times & that baby HURTS BIG TIME when I hit it! Hate to think what your 'weapon' might do!! I know I should look where I go.....for sure, BUT my working mind does NOT always take action preceeding my walking legs! Ya ha!!
Word of caution, too.....you may also run into a 'law enforcement' officer who says it's gotta go, or even fine you for mounting such a deadly force on your Expy.
It does say 'Stay Away', can't argue with that, but does it also say possible 'lawsuit' in the making?? Geez, I don't know.

Reaction score
After examining your PICS, it seems logical that the rear center of your hatch & bumper cover get the bulk of the impact. What I don't understand is how the front passenger side of the Denali including grille, fender, headlight areas all appear to be 'pushed back' way further than the driver side. Seems odd to me.

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Customizing trucks since I was 7 with my Legos
Reaction score
After examining your PICS, it seems logical that the rear center of your hatch & bumper cover get the bulk of the impact. What I don't understand is how the front passenger side of the Denali including grille, fender, headlight areas all appear to be 'pushed back' way further than the driver side. Seems odd to me.

Perhaps it impacted my Expy at an angle?

ACQB

Reaction score
Love the thought of this, but here in the Nanny State we reside next door to, leaving the hitch in w/o it being connected to a trailer is illegal and a $112 fine.
The State Patrol legit pull people over for it. We dropped our boat off at storage, it was raining, hitch was locked so I didnt take it out.
Jumped on the freeway to be pulled over.... wasnt speeding....no lights out..... Trooper DoRight "educated" me on the "law" in "HIS" state (we reside in another (thank god), with a written warning I had to sign and mail back in. If I didn't, the before mentioned $112 fine would go into effect and a bench warrant for payment would be issues. Are you kidding me???.
Welcome to the Peoples Republic of Minnestostan where they find taxes and fines for EVERYTHING.
Trooper DoRight, stood in the pouring rain to warn me..... I offered him my cell number so he could call from the cruiser, he didnt find the humor I did.