Something ripped out my parking sensors and tore wiring harness!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhuston99

Reaction score
Was out of town this weekend staying at my brother in laws house. Woke up Sunday morning and get parking sensor disabled warning on the dash. Looked at the front bumper and the left front and side parking sensors were gone. One was still connected to the wiring harness and the other had all the wires severed and found it on the ground. The wires dont look cut by a tool or anything. They are broken at different lengths and some have a lot of insulation missing. My only thought is an animal got up there and somehow pulled them out.

I have found the wiring harness on line but does anybody know if the sensors have to be re programmed or anything? My dealer is making appointments for July and the only way to get service sooner is to leave vehicle for a few days. Was going to either attempt this myself for see if a local independent shop could do it.

Any thoughts?

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What's the wildlife situation around there? Perhaps you had a bird stuck in your front end and a hungry varmint smelled it and extracted it for you.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was out of town this weekend staying at my brother in laws house. Woke up Sunday morning and get parking sensor disabled warning on the dash. Looked at the front bumper and the left front and side parking sensors were gone. One was still connected to the wiring harness and the other had all the wires severed and found it on the ground. The wires dont look cut by a tool or anything. They are broken at different lengths and some have a lot of insulation missing. My only thought is an animal got up there and somehow pulled them out.

I have found the wiring harness on line but does anybody know if the sensors have to be re programmed or anything? My dealer is making appointments for July and the only way to get service sooner is to leave vehicle for a few days. Was going to either attempt this myself for see if a local independent shop could do it.

Any thoughts?
I would think if you can get the harness and sensors you should be able to put them in and be good to go. I can't imagine any reprogramming would be needed for this if the parts all match what they are replacing.

OP
OP
D

dhuston99

Reaction score
It is pretty rural. I really have no idea how it happened but the bumper has no scratches or anything so it wasnt something that I ran over. I still have all the sensors but the wiring harness is all messed up.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Her daddy was lazy and no count
Claimed he had a bad back
All her brothers were fit for was stealin' wires out of my truck hatch
Polk salad Annie, the gators got your tranny

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members