Source for interior parts for my new to me 04 Expy? Broken rear storage bin handle...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dudeth

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 04 Eddie Bauer 4x4 (5.4l) and the push clips that holds in place the overhead storage bin (sunglass holder?) and the dvd player screen are missing. Also, the pull handle for the rear storage bin in the floor behind the 3rd row seat is broke and I can't get the storage bin open. I don't even know what is in there, the jack maybe?

I'd like to fix these issues. Any source for parts besides salvage yards? Any idea what these parts would be called so I can inquire about them at salvage yards if necessary?

Thanks!

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Junk yard....

Yes, the jack, and access to the spare tire cable crank is under that flooring. I think you can activate the flooring latch with a screwdriver too. But you will need access to that area if you ever have to use your spare tire.

OP
OP
Dudeth

Dudeth

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks! I figured that would be the case about the jack.
I'll probably have to buy the whole upper console at the junkyard.... ughhh.

Plati

Reaction score
Any chance you could do a homemade fix? I use epoxy and other materials and fix many things without buying parts. Just an idea. Sometimes it's not really possible but sometimes it is!

I've fixed or fabricated many things with Gorilla Tape. Love that stuff

OP
OP
Dudeth

Dudeth

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any chance you could do a homemade fix? I use epoxy and other materials and fix many things without buying parts. Just an idea. Sometimes it's not really possible but sometimes it is!

I've fixed or fabricated many things with Gorilla Tape. Love that stuff

I was thinking of going with a velco/epoxy route for the overhead parts that flip down (storage bin/dvd screen) but I'd really hate to have to do that. I'd much rather have the push clip things that are missing but that may not be in the cards for me lol.
I'm a fan of the gorilla tape also, just hoping I can make it look and function like normal.

Jeff G

Reaction score
I found one at the junk yard. It was 3 bucks. The hardest part was finding the right color.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graphite-INDITE