Spacer Lift and Bilstein's - speed bump knocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Familymobile

Reaction score
Apologize if this has already been discussed! Have spent a lot of time trying to find a definitive answer but haven't yet. Just installed a 3" coil spacer on the front and a 2.5" coil spacer on the back and new Bilstein 4600s on my 2011 xlt el. I'm no expert but followed stage 3 Motorsports video to the t. Got it back from alignment last night and now anytime I go over speed bump there's a pretty substantial clunk from the front end. Trying to figure out if I did something wrong or if this is just the norm now after installing spacers? Any feedback would be appreciated!

OP
OP
Familymobile

Familymobile

Reaction score
Gotcha, I see some people have done the freedom UCAs with the leveling kit. Does that solve it?

Speedboosted

Reaction score
Not sure if you got this resolved yet but it's likely the UCA hitting the spring as mentioned. Freedom UCA's are okay and a good price, but I'm not convinced they provide additional clearance. The JBA Offroad arms are a better design and only ~$550. Those will definitely fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpwiseman