Spark plugs and coil packs 2017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drbr0b0tnik

Reaction score
I had just posted the other day in my thread about my misfire. Just upgraded to the one step colder NGKs gapped at .028”. I’m all stock, no tune. Just a JLT passenger side catch can and a weep hole. My Motorcraft plugs were garbage after only 15k miles, and cylinder 1 (one my my misfires) had a nasty carbon track. All of the plugs were already worn up to ~.034” from .031”. 2015 Expy w/ 105k miles.

Motorcraft plugs are trash for the EBs.

OneTonWonton

Reaction score
Just replaced the plugs on my 2017. They may have been original, every single boot was stuck to the plug and came out in pieces, and some plugs had gaps over .045. My belly looks like it got shot up by paintballs from hanging over the fender all afternoon. What a PITA... XD

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just replaced the plugs on my 2017. They may have been original, every single boot was stuck to the plug and came out in pieces, and some plugs had gaps over .045. My belly looks like it got shot up by paintballs from hanging over the fender all afternoon. What a PITA... XD
I'm guessing you didn't see my post on the disintegrating boots.

Wangle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Quick update, not a single stumble since the plug change. Idle definitely smoother. Scheduled next plug change for 50,000 miles. (On the plugs, 75Kish on the odometer)